Happy Happy Joy Joy

in

Happy Happy Joy Joy is an expression that I picked up from a friend of mine. We usually use it when we don't like whats going on, so i guess that doesn't count cause it's sarcasm. But I do think that we are reminding ourselves to "Be happy/joyful despite what is bringing us down. Remember that song "Be happy don't worry be happy", that was so catchy? It's playing in my head as I write this. Thanks Melly for tagging me and reminding me to look for the Joy.

I did a search of my blog for the word Joy- No Joy :( . There is also no happiness, delight, amusement or pleasure. This did not make me happy. But there was Happy. The first post with happy in it is my Happy Fourth of July post which is just the title and a picture of the Statue of Liberty that I took last April Vacation whenI was happily visiting NY with my son.

From my You say it's your birthday.... : Do whatever makes you happy! Dance in yr. b-day suit. Drink champagne for breakfast. Celebrate all day, all week, all month if you can get away with it. I'm gonna try.
(But I was definitely not happy when those yellowjackets charged me.)

From http://rlaban.blogspot.com/2005/07/baton-twirler-vs-bookworm_31.html : Just a picture of contradictions I am:Leo/Aquarius, the batontwirler/the bookworm, happy/sad.
(Yin/Yang)

From http://rlaban.blogspot.com/2005/07/meme-meme-meme.html ( my first tag).
Question number 4: If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?1. To see my son grow up and love what he does and have children.2. To have a job/career that I love; ie: be an artist (writer, musician or photographer). 3. Be happy
(If it only could be so easy)

So now let's see I am just tagging Patry :http://simplywait.blogspot.com/and Jeanettehttp://musingsofamiddle-agedwoman.blogspot.com/ if they want and anyone else who wants to.

By the way i can't seem to remember how to get these hyperlinks to just have the person's name or the post that I want to link to without having the entire url. See rules below.


THE SEARCH FOR JOY

Search your blog for the word "“joy" used in the context of "“happiness."” If you cannot find the word in your weblog, you may use any of the select list of synonyms below.

joy --— amusement, bliss, cheer, comfort, delectation, delight, ecstasy, elation, exaltation, exultation, exulting, felicity, gaiety, gladness, glee, good humor, gratification, happiness, hilarity, humor, jubilance, liveliness, merriment, mirth, pleasure, rapture, regalement, rejoicing, revelry, satisfaction, wonder

If your weblog does not include a built-in search engine, then you can use Google to search it only for the word you wish to find.

If you’ve found the word and it was not used facetiously or sarcastically, good for you. All you need to do is link to your earlier entry, and write a few words about that joyous moment. If, however, you have no joy (whole words only) in your weblog, you must dig deep in your soul and find something wonderful in your life right now. One little thing that fills you with warmth, that bubbles you over with quiet happiness, or tickles you with its good-hearted hilarity, or makes you glad you just took a breath, and are getting ready to take another. It doesn't have to be anything big. A smile someone gave you; your cat on your shoulder; the way the light angles through your window and casts rainbows on your floor. All it has to be is something genuine, something real, something that matters to you.

Because we all need joy in our lives, and need to take the time -- from time to time --— to recognize it. And sometimes, we need to pass it on.

Even if we're a big pain in the ass when we do.

When you'’ve dealt with your own joy, pass the quest on to five other bloggers.
http://www.blogger.com/:"> ">

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did it!
Doubly so.
The meme and you managed the links. That's great.

I loved your happy posts especially the contradiction one.

sandi said...

"Happyhappyjoyjoy"..oh, yes! That's from the cartoon "Ren & Stimpy", and a phrase to live by...

rdl said...

sandi, well thatmakes sense. Thanks for stopping by.