just

in

broke a stupid holiday tradition tonite. I wrapped a few presents. We never wrap anything until xmas eve. And that is after dinner, dessert and much wine. This probably got started because i'm usually shopping up until xmas eve. wanting to see what i had bought/what we had/what we needed. Now, i just don't care anymore; whatever it is, it is. I've actually been done for days. I'm even considering baking - i haven't done that since my son was little & i'd make sugar cut-out cookies with him for Santa.
I'm not much of a cook, so i always thought baking was for the experts and why compete with the beautiful, yummy stuff you can get at the bakery.
maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

5 comments:

Lorna said...

that holiday tradition was begging to be broken. Luckily, we adapt to new conditions, which is why I have 20 unwrapped gifts, 6 lbs of tomatoes for which I'm trying to find a purpose and 3 different Christmas playlists. I've just declared 10:54 the right time to have some white wine...do I know how to adapt or what?

Keith said...

Ba4king is exciting. Learn how to prepare a batter... Knowing that flours differ in moisture conjtent and gluten.... low gluten flours great for cakes. high gluten for crusty breads.

the rest is just following directions, and having fun.

merry christmas, sir. Enjoy yer sugar cookies

Lee said...

Woof!

Panaderos said...

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones! I wish you all the best in the coming year. Take care.

ipanema said...

Happy New Year rdl! I hope it will be a great one to all of us! :)