Joke Friday

in



Ran across this from looking up a site meter google find for "You know you're old when" ; which was the name of an old post of mine.
Thought it very clever, hope they don't mind me borrowing it for Joke Friday.


You know you're old when:
Some of the vocal artists of the ’60s are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging baby boomers.
They include:
1. Herman’s Hermits Mrs. Brown, You’ve Got a Lovely Walker
2. The Bee Gees How Can You Mend a Broken Hip
3. Bobby Darin Splish, Splash, I Was Havin’ a Flash
4. Ringo Starr I Get By With a Little Help From Depends
5. Roberta Flack The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face
6. Johnny Nash I Can’t See Clearly Now
7. Paul Simon Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver
8. The Commodores Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom
9. Marvin Gaye Heard It Through the Grape Nuts
10. Procol Harem A Whiter Shade of Hair
11. Leo Sayer You Make Me Feel Like Napping
12. The Temptations Papa’s Got a Kidney Stone
13. Abba Denture Queen
14 . Tony Orlando Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall
15. Helen Reddy I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore
16. Willie Nelson On the Commode Again
17. Leslie Gore It’s My Procedure and I’ll Cry If I Want To

9 comments:

Crockhead said...

These are great. I would steal them myself except you stole them first - fair and square. Have a good weekend. Isn't 2007 better than 2006 was; at least so far?

Anonymous said...

Great stuff. Seeing old rockers onstage makes me think of my children's grandparents hitting the tour bus. Getting stoned, having you know what with groupies, et al.

It just doesn't seem natural. But then again, what does seem natural when money drives it?

rdl said...

A-law & s william: glad you enjoyed and yes definitely hopeing for a better 07.

The Curmudgeon said...

Hits waaaaaay too close to home.

But funny.

ipanema said...

love the list! :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

These are the tunes you hear in all the supermarkets in Naples, Florida :D which has become babyboomer land.
Think they know their target audience?
I can't help catching myself if I start humming or whistling while I'm in the market, I don't want it to be so obvious that I'm falling into their trap. This is my cue that I need to get out of there quickly!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

s william. That's a hoot!
We were hippies before were aging boomers! Oh, what a time that was!
I just can't get pumped up about the Stones any more unless it's an old record! I think they look decrepit and I kind of chuckle watching Mick run around all those ramps and elevations. He must get oxygen between songs.

BendingPeak said...

Love the list and love the little pic at the bottom.
~BendingPeak

MB said...

Oh, ow. Funny, though.