There but for the grace of G-d

in

I've thought of several titles for this post; in hesitation of writing about it. Let's see there was : eye opener and well, frankly i've forgotten the others but I'm still trying to stall as I don't really know how to write about tonite; perhaps I should wait til tomorrow and let it settle; but now that wouldn't be fair now, would it. Ok so today my son and I went food shopping for the dinner we were providing that nite for the homeless staying at our temple this week. They stay a week at different places of worship all winter. Last night we went and collected baked goods from Au bon pain, that they otherwise would have thrown out ( mindboggling i said ,as we drove home, when people in other parts of the world go without food). Then today I prepared the food as my son played with a friend til I said it was time for us to deliver the food. He helped me load it in the car and off we went to deliver our food , or so we thought. There are 2 chaperones a night. When we got there we were met by the Rabbi who told us the men were being transported there from another screening church and that the chaperones would be there soon. We chatted for a few minutes while we unloaded the bags of food. As we unpacked and prepared I saw him talking to a man who I recognized. He walked over and introduced us. I said I remember you, you liked my father so much. He smiled in recognition and said, "oh yes, i remember, i enjoyed him so much. This man was a member of the church that housed the temple that we used to belong to; that is until i met the Rabbi of our present temple. I told this nice man, Fred, that the Rabbi had done my father's memorial service and Fred said, oh I'm sorry I hope everyone is okay. I remember how kind he was to my father, hanging on his every word - so respectful.

Carrase- (a made up word by Kurt Vonnegut in Cat's cradle, must dig that book out and read it again)- it means - the people that you are supposed to meet in your life. How apprepro, always loved that word. I think it even translates to us bloggers - the bloggers you are supposed to meet. Blarrase??
Seems i've managed to get off track here and since there is more to tell, but I'm ready for my shower and pajamas, I promise I will finish tomorrow; let's just hope I can remember.

5 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Waiting.......

Patry Francis said...

Me too.

Lorna said...

Cat's Cradle---I'm off to my local bookstore right now...haven't read that in years.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year

MB said...

I'm waiting, too!!