Edward Hopper

in


Went to Boston yesterday with my good friend, Mary. We went to see the Hopper exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts. It was awe-inspiring. It was almost overwhelming seeing all those wonderful, beautiful paintings all in one place. I just love artists, i guess that's why some of my best friends are artists. And moi, i'm the artiste wannabee(a dilatante - hate that word), but this is what happens when you don't decide what to be when you grow up. Poetry, photograpy and piano ( hey the 3 P's) but master of none. Woe is me- artist angst. Hopper had shades of existentialism in his work which also appeals to me. Was hard to pick a picture to post with this but i picked 7AM because i used to have a framed poster of this and for the life of me I can't remember what happened to it. Might have to get another. Lucky Steve Martin, owns a Hopper that was at the exhibit. Martin also narrated the little film clip on Hopper that they had playing.
It was great day!!

6 comments:

musingwoman said...

So glad you had a good time!

And I love Hopper. One of my favorites is Sun in an Empty Room.

rdl said...

musing- that's a great one- 4 years from his death. stripped down to the essentials - light and shapes.

Noelle said...

Is there anything that doesn't make me love Steve Martin more? (Excepting any film he's made since 1999...) I love Hopper paintings.

Liquid said...

Beautiful! Sounds like a nice day out.
And ahhhhhhhhhhhh, you've got talent, missy!
lol

Lorna said...

Noelle, I had high hopes for "Shopgirl"....

RDL, I amn also an artist manquée, but a performance, not a visual, one. I still have hopes of making it into a "commercial" career like the woman who fell and couldn't get up....

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I really enjoyed the day :D