Evidently I just cook once a year

in

I don't have many cookbooks because I don't really like to cook much. I do have this one, though that I've had- well let's just say a really long time. While doing my Thanksgiving prep i decided to get the sweet potato dish out of the way. Problem being i wasn't really sure how to make "candied sweet potatoes". In the past i've made this mashed version with marshmellows ( hope the boy doesn't notice i've gone and switched up the recipe).

This is my mom's recipe but the problem is, well mom wasn't much of a cook either and all i remember of her recipe is the can of yams and maple syrup and brown sugar.

So out comes my "Everything Cookbook" (seriously, that is the name of it.) I look up candied sweet potatoes and commence to make them. Later i go to mark the page with this nice piece of ribbon that is attaced to the book so that i can finish in the morning and I glance at the page that I last marked - Turkey Gravy.

Time to make the biscuits.

Happy Thanksgiving !!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

happy thanksgiving

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Try that again...
I was hoping that you were going to give the recipe!
Hope you had a great one!

rdl said...

dakota- thanks and sameto you!
carol- it came out okbut it wasn't a good recipe - not worth posting.

Anonymous said...

I once tried to make candied sweet potatoes with fresh potatoes. It really doesn't work out that well. You need the canned yams, which, in addition to being juicy, is really fun to say aloud.

NoVA Dad said...

And a happy belated Thanksgiving to you and yours as well. I cook about as often as you do - probably less, much to my wife's consternation. What she really doesn't understand is why I love watching cooking shows and hate cooking!!

ipanema said...

obviously i am late. very sorry. but i hope you had a great one! :)